Start of School:
Thanks for an exciting start to our school year! The efforts of our entire school community made it possible for such a smooth and successful start. I appreciate everyone';s continued patience as we work on facility projects, technology upgrades, and most importantly getting curriculum material out to our students and teachers.
- Instructional Team Professional Development August 16th and August 17th - The Instructional Leadership Team began their monthly Professional Development with consultant Roy Casey and the Elementary Teachers participated in their first training with Casey. I have heard from a few that the time was extremely valuable.
- Meeting with AYSO & Facilities Director Roy Owens August 17th - We met to discuss the use of fields for the 2016 AYSO season. It was determined that the lower field at Rominger and the field at the middle school are not ready for use. With that said, the fields at Waggoner will be the main complex for AYSO this fall.
- Measure R Committee Meeting August 17th - We received an update of the projects. Discussed solutions to a few issues at the middle school, discussed the remedy to key issues, and had a brief conversation on the high school project.
- Yolo County Fair August 18th - I stopped by the Fair and had the wonderful opportunity to see our student in action. The Winters FFA made us proud!
- Board Meeting August 18th: We had a great meeting! Please see our Board page for more information.
WHS has a new Principal!
It is with excitement that we announce Nicole Reyherme as the new Principal of Winters High School. Nicole comes to Winters having served most recently as the Assistant Principal in the Fairfield Suisan Unified School District at Rodriguez High School as well as the lead/site administrator of the Early College High School at Solano Community College. Nicole is excited for the opportunity to be our High School Principal and looks forward to working with the students, staff and community.