The Winters Joint Unified School District has been providing dedicated and excellent educational services to local students since the formation of the District. Currently, the District educates approximately 1,55o students at the District’s six schools. It is through the hard work and dedication of teachers and staff that directly contribute to the education and success of our children.
Our schools are outdated and upgrades and renovations need to be made. Although we passed Measure R two years ago, our work is far from done. Aging classrooms and facilities, especially at the high school, must be upgraded since many do not meet 21st century standards. Faced with outdated classrooms and the need to bring school facilities up to current standards, the District and Board of Trustees decided to place Measure D, a school improvement general obligation (G.O.) bond measure, on the November 8, 2016 ballot to modernize and renovate our aging schools. Please click on the link below to see the Frequently Asked Questions sheet.
- CSEA & Supt Meeting September 13th - This was the first meeting of the year with the group. We had a very positive meeting. The group expressed a need for us to provide training to new classified staff.
- First LCAP Meeting for 2016-17 September 13th - We had a great first meeting. The following items were discussed: 1) Introductions and make-up of committee. We will be adding a new parent, a special education teacher and a WAPSU representative to the group, 2) established norms for the year, 3) reviewed the LCAP calendar and events, 4) reviewed the LCAP Executive Summary, and 5) next steps and closure
- Visit Winters Parent Nursery School (WPNS) September 14th - I visited WPN in an effort to meet and build relationships with the local pre schools.
- Board Meeting September 15th - We had a great meeting! Please see Board of Trustees page for agenda and minutes.
- WHS All Sports Booster Texas BBQ September 17th - What a great event! The venue, food, and entertainment was great!
WHS has a new Principal!
It is with excitement that we announce Nicole Reyherme as the new Principal of Winters High School. Nicole comes to Winters having served most recently as the Assistant Principal in the Fairfield Suisan Unified School District at Rodriguez High School as well as the lead/site administrator of the Early College High School at Solano Community College. Nicole is excited for the opportunity to be our High School Principal and looks forward to working with the students, staff and community.